Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Help me help them... Bowl For Kids' Sake 2009

Do you remember who helped you catch your first firefly? Or who told you as a young person that you could achieve anything? Thousands of children in central Ohio think of and thank their Big Brother or Big Sister when asked these very questions.

bfks09_logo_ylw_450x124.jpg

On Saturday, February 7, 2009 I am bowling in the 26th Annual Bowl For Kids' Sake, Big Brothers Big Sisters' largest fundraiser of the year. I need your help to ensure that this valuable youth service agency can continue its important mentoring programs which inspire at-risk youth to become confident, competent and caring individuals in our community.

This is certainly a lot to be asking, definitely in these tough economic times, but now, more than ever, Big Brothers and Big Sisters are in need of your help. Due to massive cut back and layoffs in Central Ohio a lot of mentors have been dropping out of the program.

Join me in making a BIG difference in the lives of children. Click this link to my personal online donation page to make your secure credit card donation. You will automatically receive a tax receipt via email. If you prefer to make a donation in my honor offline, please send a check, made payable to "BBBS/BFKS", to:

Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Ohio
Attn: Bowl For Kids' Sake
1855 E. Dublin-Granville Rd, First Floor
Columbus, OH 43229-3516

Be sure to add my name to the memo portion of your check so your gift is credited to my total dollars raised... and so I can thank you personally.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this I appreciate your support!

If you're in for a really fun time, you are also more than welcome to join us at the The Columbus Bowling Palace, our team "I Can't Believe It's Not Gutter" will be bowling at 4pm on Saturday afternoon. For more details click here.

Lastly, for your you twitter-bugs... follow me at http://twitter.com/KnightDiver I'll be sure to post some tweets and pictures during the event. @AmandaCallicoat and @Hola717 will also be there.

Hope to see you!




0 comments: