Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Thursday Night Post...

The following pisses me off:

  1. DTS is NOT automatically included with SQL Server Express 2005
  2. My unhealthy addiction to alcohol, nicotine, caffeine and oxytocin.

Actually, I don't mind item 2, so much.  I just needed something else to put on my list.  Really, there's not too many things that pisses me off.

I'm mentioning Microsoft SQL Server Express 2005 only because I'm still at the office knee deep in databases that have no user documentation to it and, frankly, are designed in such away that I thinkknow the original developer just wanted to make life a living hell for his/her replacement.

It's now 11:30pm, which is about the time, I finish up my diet pepsi, crack open a beer, light up a cigarette and throw the laptop out the window.

For those of you looking for a DTS alternative...  there really is nothing out there.  You could use SQL Servers 2000 DTS Wizard via the 2005 ToolKit and tie it in as an external tool to the manager or use Microsoft Database Publishing Wizard with is compatible with MS Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Web Developer 2005.

Neither option is ideal, but definitely better than BCP.  Sigh...

0 comments: