Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I like pictures... I take 'em, it's what I do.

I am by no means a photographer.  I don't lump myself in with the people that actually plan to and actually take beautiful pictures. 

Hot and Crusty

I can't categorize myself as a photographer because I know that I just do a whole lot of pointing and shooting.  There's no consideration for lighting, definitely no thought in composition or all that other foo-foo.  I just point, click and hope to get a good picture.

img546

With the point and click mentality, I do take a lot of photos.  And, if you know me, it's not all portraits, drunken escapades or landscapes...  I do have like to capture images that make me laugh or I find interesting.  Since it's all digital, I don't have the cost associated with printing or using "consumable" film.  So, I just snap away.  Sheesh...  Hard Drives are so cheap now a days. 

Now, with 2007 coming to an end, I have to archive my photos to my archive hard drives and cut a DVD, just in case.

Doing a quick inventory, I have photos dating back to 1999. 

Holy moly...

Looking back at over eight years of photos, has gotten me to think more about the things I've been able to do, the relationships I've built, those ones I haven't nurtured and all the people that touched my life.  Overall, I do feel lucky.  I may never win the lottery or become the multi-billionaire I long to be...  but, I do surround myself with good people and have lots of good times with them.

If you're interested in seeing some of the photos I've put together in the latter part of 2007.  Check out these links:

Flickr!

Picasa

Technorati Tags:

0 comments: