Thursday, January 24, 2008

I love the 80's... it's made me who I am today.

I was born in the 70's which means that my personality was really molded by the 80's.

I'm not going to say, I miss the 80's or things were great. Frankly, I don't remember much of it, except the whole playing with my Transformers, GI JOEs and Voltron toys.

But, it definitely wasn't all fun and games.  The 80's was still the time during the cold war, there were problems in Africa and the middle east.  Peoples mentality towards money and the superficial were blatantly apparent.   Basically, do whatever it takes to get it. So if you were take only these influences into consideration, personify them all together, you could get some dung hole kind of person, who's pretty untrusting, suspicious and greedy. 

Luckily, that's not me. 

I'm truly a result from all things geek.  With movies like TRON, Star Trek, and Blade Runner...  mix that with TV Shows like the A-Team, Knight Rider, Growing Pains, Facts of Life... throw in the ATARI 2600, Magnavox and the Commodore VIC20 ... those greedy characteristic listed earlier had no chance against the GEEK influences I was exposed to.


How To Do The Robot

2 comments:

Shane said...

Hey friend from the mall - lets do the robot! Oh man - good blog. I still really miss Knight Rider and the A-Team! But when I watch it now - all it does is amaze me that I used to watch it. Ahhh - a much simpler time with just the unbearable anticipation of Max Headroom to be concerned with . . . Oh that reminds me - I think I still have an old audio tape from taping the sound from a Dukes of Hazzard episode.
And of course MacGyver . . .
I could go on and on . . .

silly_anomaly said...

Well.

to start off there are really three of us here, right now. we have all seen your posted movie clip, 2x now, and are deeply moved to silly. I must say that I cannot tell if it is real or fake, even if it was half fake real for the time by the girls. But it rules the frigging world.

Uhm.. im not alone in the room, here audience, to think why the hell are you the only one (besides me now) who has posted a comment on this insane video?

Because, have you shown it to anyone? its been since the january 28th 2008. nothing...

but thanx