Friday, February 29, 2008

It's a sad day for the guys.

After I post about Columbus's Meaty Man Mania Weekend, I stumbled across some disturbing AP Press release.

Sharen Turney, Victoria's Secret's Chief Executive, says that they've become "too sexy" and wants to get back to "[their] heritage."

"Victoria's Secret was launched with the idea that Victoria was manor-born and lived in London, Turney said."

That's her baseline for their heritage?  Plus, she wants the company to start thinking in terms of "ultra-feminine". 

What's that mean?!  Manor-born London girls?!? Ultra-feminine!?!

This is one of the images I get when I image googled "manor-born london girls".  No, no... not sexy at all.

Here's what you get from an image google of "ultra feminine".

genevieve-1-04-05 

I'm so sad, I think I'm going to cry.

 victorias_secret

0 comments: